Applications are now open for the 2018 Accenture Africa’s Top 30 Tech Startups. Organised by Accenture, the global consulting behemoth, the competition aims to identify the top tech startups on the African continent.
Here’s all you need to know about it.
About Accenture Africa’s Top 30 Tech Startups
The competition is aimed at identifying young companies developing innovative solutions to problems in business, government, and civil society. The competition is open to startups in a large array of fields and sectors.
- The competition is open startups founded by Africans.
- Startups must display innovation with the use of technology to solve problems.
- Interested startups must already be a registered business.
- Startups must have been in operation for less than nine years.
- Winners of the competition will be selected by observing a host of factors. These include:
- Startups idea and solution shows market potentials and growth.
- Core business is based on innovation.
- Startup solution is scalable across geographical territories.
- The tech solution must still be in beta and in active testing.
- Gain access to Accenture’s Open Innovation Network, which allows startups to leverage on Accenture’s partners and connections to scale and reach new frontiers.
- Gain increased attention from the media.
- Startups get to participate in the Accenture corporate market week in South Africa. During the event, startups get training on how to successfully pitch to investors.
- Link up with other teams and startups across the Accenture network.
- Get co-working support at the Accenture Liquid Studio in Johannesburg.
You can apply via this link. Deadline for submission is October 7, 2018.
If you’d like to get featured on our Entrepreneur Spotlight, click here to share your startup story with us.
Get latest Technology news, reviews, business-related content with a deliberate emphasis on the African narrative and insightful analysis in Nigeria – straight to your inbox.