Technext.ng Media Privacy
Technext.ng is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Kolibri Media limited. We serve our consumers, partners, advertisers and talent through our portfolio of digital platforms, products and services.
Our Privacy Pledge
Our commitment is to put users first. We strive to be transparent about how we collect and use your information, to keep your information secure and to provide you with meaningful choices.
We believe you should have the tools to control your information. You can find controls to manage or review your account information, marketing preferences, location data, and search history at Privacy Controls. Some of our Services provide additional controls and privacy practices.
Information Collection and Use – General
We may collect and combine information when you interact with Kolibri Services information outlined below:
- When you create an account with a Kolibri Service or brand. (Please note, when you use our Services, we may recognize you or your devices even if you are not signed in to our Services.) Kolibri may use device IDs, cookies, and other signals, including information obtained from third parties, to associate accounts and/or devices with you.
- When you use our Services to communicate with others or post, upload or store content (such as comments, photos, voice inputs, videos, emails, messaging services and attachments).
- Kolibri Media analyzes and stores all communications content, including email content from incoming and outgoing mail. This allows us to deliver, personalize and develop relevant features, content, advertising and Services.
- When you otherwise use our Services, such as title queries, watch history, page views, search queries, view the content we make available or install any Kolibri software such as plugins.
- When you sign up for our paid Services, use Services that require your financial information or complete transactions with us or our business partners, we may collect your payment and billing information
We collect information from your devices (computers, mobile phones, tablets, etc.), including information about how you interact with our Services and those of our third-party partners and information that allows us to recognize and associate your activity across devices and Services.
This information includes device-specific identifiers and information such as IP address, cookie information, mobile device and advertising identifiers, browser version, operating system type and version, mobile network information, device settings, and software data.
We may recognize your devices to provide you with personalized experiences and advertising across the devices you use.
Information from Cookies and Other Technologies
- We collect information when you access content, advertising, sites, interactive widgets, applications, and other products (both on and off of our Services) where Kolibri data collection technologies (such as web beacons, development tools, cookies and other technologies, etc.) are present. These data collection technologies allow us to understand your activity on and off our Services and to collect and store information when you interact with Services we offer to partners.
- This information also includes the kind of content or ads served, viewed or clicked on; the frequency and duration of your activities; the sites or apps you used before accessing our Services and where you went next; whether you engaged with specific content or ads; and whether you went on to visit an advertiser’s website, downloaded an advertiser’s app, purchased a product or service advertised, or took other actions.
- We collect information about you when we receive it from other users, third-parties, and affiliates, such as:
- When you connect your account to third-party services or sign in using a third-party partner (like Facebook or Twitter).
- From publicly-available sources.
- From advertisers about your experiences or interactions with their offerings.
- We honour the choices customers have made about the uses of this information when we receive and use this data.
How We Use This Information
We are able to deliver, personalize, and improve our Services by combining and using the information we have about you (including information we receive on and off our Services) to understand how you use and interact with our Services and the people or things you’re connected to and interested in.
If the ownership or control of all or part of Kolibri or a specific Services changes as a result of a merger, acquisition or sale of assets, we may transfer your information to the new owner.
Questions & Suggestions
If you have questions, suggestions, or wish to make a complaint, please complete the feedback form on the contact us page or you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
If you’d like to get featured on our Entrepreneur Spotlight, click here to share your startup story with us.
Get latest Technology news, reviews, business-related content with a deliberate emphasis on the African narrative and insightful analysis in Nigeria – straight to your inbox.