Last year, we announced our maiden blockchain event, Technext Coinference 2021. With the theme: Reimaging the future of finance, the event provided a visible platform for key players in the African crypto ecosystem to discuss the possibilities of cryptocurrencies to position for future leverage.
As you know, the event saw participation from representatives of the government and other key regulators. Being a hybrid event (combination of physical and virtual participation), it had in attendance a total of 2,162 cryptocurrency enthusiasts, innovators and regulators.
The keynote was delivered by the Nigerian minister of state for budget and national planning, Prince Clem Akanade Agba.
Panel speakers at the event include Uzoma Dozie, CEO of Sparkle; Buchi Okoro, CEO of Quidax; Dickson Nsofor, CEO of Korapay; Austin Okere, CEO of CWG; Nkemdili Uwaje, CEO of Future Software; and Chimezie Chuta, Founder of the Blockchain Nigeria User Group.
Others included Hanu Fejiro Agbodje, CEO of Patricia who delivered the 2nd keynote address. Other panel session speakers include Emmanuel Babalola, Africa Director at Binance and Interim CEO of Bundle; Modibe Matsepena, Senior Associate of Growth in Africa at Paxful; Founder of Aza Pay, Jacqueline Madu, Osamede Arhunmwunde, Co-founder & COO at Gigx technologies, and Bitmama CEO, Ruth Iselema.
In case you missed the event, you can catch up on the exciting conversations from the roundup video below:
Technext Coinference 2022
This year’s edition of Technext Coinference will be different and better. While conversations at the maiden edition focused only on the challenges of crypto regulation, the use cases of crypto and the prospects of crypto in Africa, this time, the scope of the conversation will cover the possibilities of Blockchain, Crypto, Web3 and the Metaverse for Africa.
This way, attendees will have the opportunity to learn from a diverse array of speakers and engage more. The event is billed to hold on Monday, the 3rd of October, 2022 (a public holiday in Nigeria) at the Landmark event Centre by 10 am.
The first keynote presentation: Blockchain for Africa Decentralised economies, merged future will set the tone for the event by bringing to the fore the possibilities that adopting blockchain technology can mean for Africa. This will be followed by the breakout panel sessions. Each session will have 4 panellists with hands-on experiences.
- DeFi & the future of finance in Africa
- Building a career in Blockchain
- All you need to know about Web 3
- Making money from NFTs
The icing on the cake for this event is the introduction of “the celebrity spotlight” session. This is to take place immediately after the breakout session. Some popular entertainment industry figures will speak about their encounter with NFTs, DeFi, crypto, and the blockchain in a one-on-one conversation.
This will be followed by another plenary keynote address on DeFi in Africa – Possibilities beyond the Hype. This will be followed by a panel conversation on Crypto x Africa: the strains, the gains and the future by 5 renowned innovators and crypto experts.
Why you should attend
Perhaps you are wondering if this event will be worth your time, here are 5 major reasons you must attend Coinference 2022:
- Be visible: It is going to be a visible platform for key players in the blockchain tech ecosystem in Africa. And, we believe this will be an opportunity to strategically position your brand.
- Learn: Blockchain is the technology of today and the future. You need to come and listen to key innovators in the space today as they discuss the possibilities for tomorrow so you can decide how you can leverage them in the near future.
If you have kids, come with them because that may be a great time to get a career inspiration (Thank God it is a public holiday in Nigeria).
- Get Gifts: Just like last year, we will be having some amazing sponsors who will be giving out free tokens and branded goodie bags. This will be an exciting opportunity to grow your crypto portfolio and enjoy some freebies.
PSA: You must not sleep on this one!
- Network: This will be an opportunity to meet with other innovators, experts and talents in the space and grow your pool of opportunities and influence.
- Be inspired: Africa is the next frontier for the next global tech convergence. A few years ago, blockchain was a new technology that needed explaining. Today, global crypto adoption is skyrocketing and Africa is among the leading horses with Nigeria and Kenya among the top 6 of the 2021 Global Crypto Adoption Index’s top 20.
You should be a part of that conversation!
How to participate?
- Register to attend: Technext Coinference will be a hybrid event (a combination of physical and virtual participation). So, you can register to attend from anywhere across the world.
You can simply register here.
- Be a sponsor: Technext Coinference event will provide a visible platform for key players in the blockchain tech ecosystem across Africa to reach an audience of young, enthusiastic and ready Africans all in one place. You can take advantage of this platform to strategically position your brand for audience-fit visibility, top-of-the-mind awareness and for adoption and profitable sales conversion.
Please click here to reach out.
- Volunteer: If you are happy to explore new skills or try out challenging tasks in event planning, campaign management, event execution and event reporting, this is your big opportunity. We will accept your offering and provide a platform to try and give. Note: This is not a paid engagement!
To volunteer, please register here
- Spread the word: The Technext Coinference 2022 is open to all and free to attend. Invite someone today!
We look forward to hosting you!
Get the best of Africa’s daily tech to your inbox – first thing every morning.
Join the community now!