We have received a number of enquiries about sharing guest posts on Technext. Truth is, we have always accepted guest posts on Technext and we actively encourage contributions.
Perhaps you have a compelling thought about the technology space in Africa and you like to share your ideas with Technext’s vast audience of technology enthusiasts, innovators and industry regulators, we are open to airing your thoughts! In fact, we are always on the lookout for unique perspectives on how technology affects the day-to-day lives of people and businesses across Africa.
If you have a great idea to share on Technext, kindly take note of the following guidelines:
- Technext will not be a platform for attack. We not publish any article that is critical of brands, institutions or personalities.
- We do not accept self-promotional content. Your submission must be considered to be of value to our audience.
- No politics and religious commentaries. Your article must be seen to be neutral about political idologies or religious dogma.
- Your article must not parrot thoughts that have been expressed in other write ups (on Technext or elsewhere). It should focus on topics that have not thoroughly dealt with. if at all, it should discuss an existing topic from a unique angle.
- Your article must be original. We will not publish opinions that have been published elsewhere.
- We are fanatical about clarity. Your article must not contain an excessive use of jargons and buzzwords. Profanity will not be accepted at all.
- You must properly attribute sources for all data, images and quotes used.
- Press releases, startup review, personality focus and product reviews do not count.
How to submit
Submissions should be in Microsoft Word or Google doc format and sent from. a personal email address to [email protected]. The subject of the email should be “Guest Contribution”. Below are a few things you also need to note:
- Attach Word document or place Google doc link in mail body. Do not post article on email body.
- Please attach images separately or upload to a folder on Google drive and share link in body of mail. Images should be given names.
- Kindly indicate within article prefered locations of images
- Clearly label people or location in images.
- Individual image sizes should be no larger than 200KB
- Include a brief author bio (max of 200 characters) and attach a 100×100 headshot.
Please also note the following:
- Sharing does not guarantee publication. Our editors reserve the right not to publish unsatisfactory submissions. We guarantee responses to all submissions. You will be notified if the submission is not satisfactory.
- Please do not call or send follow up email. We will use your article at the best possible time.
- Our editors reserve the right to edit, re-purpose and rearrange submissions according to their discretion.
- If your article is accepted and published, we require that you share on your social media platforms.
Get the best of Africa’s daily tech to your inbox – first thing every morning.
Join the community now!