Newwaves Ecosystem set to launch Konn3ct 2.1, tasks government on local content adoption
Newwaves Ecosystem Ltd, the owner of Konn3ct, Nigeria’s first indigenous composite online meeting/conferences platform has announced an upgrade to its system. From September 4, 2021, the users will start to experience the new features.
According to the company, a date for a launch ceremony for the platform will be announced at a later date.
According to Femi Williams, CEO, many of the new features were demanded by the teeming basic and paying customers all over the world. “We still maintain our many unique selling propositions to the delight of the present and future Users”, he added.
Some of the new features include:
- Improved UI/UX: Significant improvement in the user experience especially with the management of poor bandwidth and reconnection after network failures
- Whatsapp invite: Users can now invite guests using the WhatsApp invite feature easily.
- Join in 3 seconds: Participants join time has been reduced to 3 seconds adding to improved user experience.
- Virtual background: Users can choose available options for virtual background or blur their background.
- Attendance: Users now gets the name and emails of all participants that attend any meetings/webinars on the dashboard.
- Resend invite: Users can now easily resend an email and WhatsApp invites on the new version.
- User Avatar: When registered users attend meetings, their profile picture will show instead of initials in the previous version.
- Pre-register Event: Participants can now Pre-Register for virtual events.
This is another effort by Newwaves to confirm their capacity to compete worldwide in their chosen market. Extensive research and innovation continue on a daily basis to ensure the expansion of our market.
Williams promised that the Konn3ct platform will give the best value for money in terms of ease of communications improved security, ease of use and payment in Naira. He also said that the platform will help to save government foreign exchange.
He asked the government to stop paying pay lip service to local content.
According to him, Konn3ct has the capacity to serve as a platform for Virtual Federal Executive Council (FEC) and National Executive Council (NEC) meetings hosted by the Presidency.
He acknowledged that the National Information Technology Development Agency (NITDA) and Galaxy Backbone Limited have shown appreciable interests in adopting Konn3ct through formal registration and business partnerships.
The Team from Newwaves also assure users that they will have more fun using the upgraded platform.
If you’d like to get featured on our Entrepreneur Spotlight, click here to share your startup story with us.
Get latest Technology news, reviews, business-related content with a deliberate emphasis on the African narrative and insightful analysis in Nigeria – straight to your inbox.