MMH Accelerator Program offers €50,000 Funding to Late Stage Health Tech Startups
Applications are now open to startups for the 2019 Making More Health (MMH) Accelerator program. The €50,000 accelerator program is open to companies using technology to improve health care for humans the environment and animals.
Launched in 2010, MMH was created as a social business initiative.
It is organized by Ashoka, a social entrepreneur network, and Boehringer Ingelheim, a leading pharmaceutical company. Making More Health brings together the best experience in social innovation and global healthcare to improve health-care access for people, animals and their communities around the world.
How The MMH Accelerator Program Works
The MMH Accelerator program is an 11 month long business program.
It is targeted at social entrepreneurs operating in the health sector and provides them with support to grow and scale operations.
Cohorts of the program receive both financial and technical support to develop, pilot and present their solutions to potential investors.
By working closely with leading health company, Boehringer Ingelheim, cohorts get better insights to deliver market ready solutions and innovations.
Who Should Apply?
1. Late-stage startups from Kenya, Ghana or Nigeria operating in either the animal or human healthcare space looking to scale their operations or create new innovations.
2. Startups that are at least 2 years old and have developed sustainable revenue models.
3. Social entrepreneurs that are open to collaborating with a pharmaceutical company.
Benefits of the Program
1. Trainings for business growth, investor presentation, pitching, and engagement.
2. Technical support for innovations.
3. Funding up to €50,000.
4. Opportunity to pitch innovations to potential investors.
5. Access to both the Ashoka social entrepreneur network and Boehringer Ingelheim network.
Deadline for application is 14 February, 2019. Click here to apply.
If you’d like to get featured on our Entrepreneur Spotlight, click here to share your startup story with us.
Get latest Technology news, reviews, business-related content with a deliberate emphasis on the African narrative and insightful analysis in Nigeria – straight to your inbox.