Tony Elumelu Foundation to Launch Resource Platform, TEFConnect, for African Entrepreneurs this October
The Tony Elumelu Foundation is set to launch the world’s largest digital platform for African entrepreneurs called TEFConnect. Targeted at the African entrepreneurship ecosystem, the platform is aimed at providing a contemporary, informative and user-friendly go-to entrepreneurship space for the ecosystem’s players.
New post (#TEF to launch world’s largest digital platform for African entrepreneurs) | NEWSTAGE – https://t.co/nvVPJFkrIF – #TEF2018 #TEFConnect #TEFforum2018 #TonyElumelu #TonyElumeluFoundation pic.twitter.com/QJnnHzEIET
— NEWSTAGE (@OfficialNStage) September 19, 2018
Set to be officially unveiled at this year’s TEF Forum, taking place on October 25, 2018, in Lagos, Nigeria, the platform will be dedicated to connecting African entrepreneurs together and providing them with the necessary tools needed to develop their businesses for millions across the continent –through technology and directly applicable content.
“The Tony Elumelu Foundation is simply about empowering African entrepreneurs… Now, we are scaling our impact by connecting African entrepreneurship ecosystem on a single platform,” says the CEO of the Foundation, Parminder Vir.
How Can Users Benefit from the Platform?
— Akeem Oyetunji (@akeemoye) September 19, 2018
Touted to be the “Facebook for African Entrepreneurs”, the open-source platform would be providing five specific benefits to its users, among others. these includes:
- The one-stop digital home for entrepreneurship ecosystem players, including entrepreneurs, incubators, investors, academia and the private sector, providing news, informative resources, entrepreneurship events and opportunities.
- Creating the space to allow African entrepreneurs to transact across countries and regions in Africa’s largest digital marketplace, with traffic reaching millions of consumers.
- Access to free business tools such as financial planning calculators, business plan generators and marketing templates.
- Access to the Foundation’s Entrepreneurship Programme Application Form, Enterprise Toolkit and business mentoring by global business leaders.
- Enable them to promote their businesses to potential investors and other entrepreneurs for cross-border collaboration.
According to the Foundation’s founder, Tony O. Elumelu, the digital platform would be “unleashing the true potential of our entrepreneurs and transforming the continent” which is tune with the foundation’s aim of “investing in people and processes” as well as the foundations’ Tony Elumelu Entrepreneurship Programme (TEEP).
The platform would be launched at the 4th TEF Forum, which will convene the whole of Africa’s entrepreneurial ecosystem, including the broad investor community, government and key policymakers, leading developmental organisations, private sector representatives, the media, and partners.
Interestingly, this year’s event will also be graced by two African presidents–Kenya’s Uhuru Kenyatta and Ghana’s Nana Akufo-Addo who will both take part in an interactive session discussing Africa’s business and the role young people can play.
If you’d like to get featured on our Entrepreneur Spotlight, click here to share your startup story with us.
Get latest Technology news, reviews, business-related content with a deliberate emphasis on the African narrative and insightful analysis in Nigeria – straight to your inbox.