Looking to Get Google4Africa & Facebook4Creators Certifications? Attend The LRA 2018 Youth Week
Do you have the desire to experience warm fellowship, to connect and to learn useful skills this summer? Then, the Latter Rain Assembly 2018 Youth Week is the place to be. The event with the theme “3 Seasons: Seed-Stretch-Success” will be held from August 22nd to 26th 2018 at the church premise at Plot 4 Akilo Road, Ogba, Lagos.
The Youth Week will bring together vibrant young people across diverse communities with the objective of fully equipping them with the requisite tools for strategic positioning in the polity and marketplace with a view to bringing about the much-needed reformation of values in our nation and generation.
According to a statement by Olufisayo Bakare, Chairperson of the Youth Week 2018 Committee, the event “will be a time of self-discovery, capacity-building and capacity deployment rolled into one. There will be varied activities including Panel Discussions featuring Guest Speakers across different sectors from politics, economics, art and entertainment to education.”
“The youths are being challenged to accept responsibility for, in the words of Winston Churchill, “responsibility is the price of greatness”. We are Young Leaders, not the leaders of tomorrow. No postponement! No Procrastination! No Perambulation! The time is now. It’s time for the youths to get involved. It’s time to step out of the sidelines and take centre-stage”, it concludes.
Highlights of the event of the week include:
- Some of Nigeria’s most influential young people will be interfacing a selection of our nation’s elders in a political debate on the Not-Too Young-To-Run movement.
- Participants will be scaling up their skills with certificate programs from Google4Africa & Facebook4Creators.
- Participants will learn how to stay ahead in the marketplace with a dynamic panel on Global Opportunities for the Young Creative African Entrepreneur.
- At the idea-rich session on “Start-ups and Small Business,” participants will learn from some of the best business minds in Africa on how to find their competitive edge.
- At the relationship sessions, singles will learn the beauty of “A Kiss in Time” and what to do “Before You say I do”
Other attractions include a Community In-Reach, Games and Photo-opts. Part of activities preluding the Youth Week is a symposium on the subject of Politics and Youth Dynamics through Time and Technology on Saturday, August 18 featuring one of Nigeria’s leading social media personalities.
To register, click here. You can also share the excitement on social media using #lyf3Seasons.
If you’d like to get featured on our Entrepreneur Spotlight, click here to share your startup story with us.
Get latest Technology news, reviews, business-related content with a deliberate emphasis on the African narrative and insightful analysis in Nigeria – straight to your inbox.