Meet Microsoft Big Data Evangelist, Prof Raj Krishna at the Data Science Nigeria Industry Meet Up
Data Science Nigeria and the Artificial Intelligence (AI) community in Nigeria will be hosting Professor Raj Krishna, a Microsoft Big Data Evangelist and a faculty at the IIT Chicago, USA tomorrow, Thursday 14/12/2017 at Elion House Hotel, Dolphin Estate Extension, Ikoyi, Lagos.
At the event, Mr Krishna will be speaking on the latest trends in AI with a specific focus on how businesses can use Natural Language Processing (NLP) for market advantage. NLP is the technology that powers chatbots, digital or virtual assistant, document classification, text mining, sentiment analysis, comment emotion analysis etc.
Do you want to know how Natural Language Processing will drive Business Growth?
Join Prof Raj Krishnan of IIT Chicago & a Microsoft Big Data Evangelist as he shares on Thur 14/12/2017 at 5:30pm.
Venue is Elion House Hotel, Dolphin, Ikoyi
To book a seat, SMS Segun on 08032009351 pic.twitter.com/D5h489roqF
— DataScienceNigeria (@DataScienceNIG) December 12, 2017
Data Science Nigeria will also be unveiling its 2018 mega events focused on BIG DATA FOR DIGITAL/FINANCIAL INCLUSION at the event. The plan is detailed with the following broad actions:
- Inter-School machine learning awareness/competition for all Universities and Polytechnics across the country (BSc to PhD) with the aim of introducing 10,000 students to possibilities in AI, ML, Data science
- AI/Big Data for Marketing/Sales/Customer Service Excellence Summit. Excellence – industry immersion and showcase.
- 2nd Big Data Economy Summit to explore emerging algorithms, applications and approaches in inclusive solutions for the next billions
- Executive Masterclass on Everything Big Data/Machine Learning/Artificial Intelligence
- 3rd Data Science Bootcamp and Hackathon to explore emerging trends in Natural Language Processing, chatbot development and Deep learning
- Town&Gown Research-driven innovation Hub to support PhD/MSc research works with a focus on solving social/business problems through a tripartite model that brings together rigorous academic research, industry R&D support and incubation support.
- Quarterly Kaggle competitions that will aim to address business/social issues through a gamified platform.
Event attendees are required to pre-register as seats are limited. Please send an SMS/WhatsApp message to Segun on 08032009351 to reserve a seat.
Data Science Nigeria is a non-profit initiative with a vision to accelerate Nigeria’s development through a solution-oriented application of machine learning in solving social/ business problems and to galvanize data science knowledge revolution, which can position Nigeria to become the outsourcing hub for international Data Science/Advanced Analytics/Big Data projects, with an opportunity to access at least 1% share of the global big data and analytics market, valued at $150b in 2017 ($203b in 2020).
If you’d like to get featured on our Entrepreneur Spotlight, click here to share your startup story with us.
Get latest Technology news, reviews, business-related content with a deliberate emphasis on the African narrative and insightful analysis in Nigeria – straight to your inbox.