Ericsson Garage Startup Challenge 2017- Opportunity for 9 Startups to Get Big
Ericsson Garage has joined forces with Capital A Partners (CAP A) and their Nordic partner seed fund, Butterfly Ventures to bring the Ericsson Garage start-up challenge 2017. At the end of the process, nine start-ups will be selected to pitch their ideas in front of a Dragon’s Den at the Ericsson Studio in collaboration with the STHLM TechFest in September.
The challenge offers the rare chance to win an 8-months technology incubation with the global network of Ericsson Garages in Sweden, unlimited access to a smart city testbed and an express pass to a final decision investment meeting. It also offers mentoring and investment consideration with Cap A or Butterfly, free access to run a project and test in the Urban ICT arena and others.
Challenges to tackle
To stand a great chance to win, your products should offer solutions in the following areas:
- The population of the World is expected to reach 9 billion by 2040. How can technology empower smart, sustainable transport for 7.5 billion citizens in the future?There will be 20.04 billion connected devices by 2020, how can we address
- There will be 20.04 billion connected devices by 2020, how can we address IoT related data privacy, identity management and security in a smart city?
- 99% of all enterprises in the EU are SMEs, how can sensors, robotics and AI make small & medium manufacturers smart and sustainable?
- Innovative solution & in line with the challenge
- Start Up capabilities & solution maturity (Pre-seed / Seed)
- Value proposition & Global Market potential
- Positive environmental & social impact (Must contribute to at least 1 of the UN Sustainable Development Goals)
23rd of August, 2017
To apply, Click here
If you’d like to get featured on our Entrepreneur Spotlight, click here to share your startup story with us.
Get latest Technology news, reviews, business-related content with a deliberate emphasis on the African narrative and insightful analysis in Nigeria – straight to your inbox.